Here is a great recipe thanks to our customer Caron Evans
1 large (400g) eggplant, sliced 1cm thick
1 1/2 large (600g) sweet potato, sliced 1cm thick
2 medium (150g) zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup (100g) quinoa (raw weight)
1 bunch English spinach, washed
Sea salt & Pepper
Roasted tomato sauce:
500g ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup (100g) green lentils (raw weight)
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
Sea salt, pepper, oregano, basil
1-2 bay leaves
Sprig of rosemary
1/2 cup (100ml) filtered water
- Sprinkle eggplant with sea salt and leave for 20-30 minutes. Rinse and dry.
- Pre-bake all sliced vegetables on a tray.
- Cook rinsed quinoa at a ratio of 1 cup seeds to 2 cups water on low heat and covered until all water is absorbed.
- Soak lentils for 2-3 hours, rinse and boil in fresh water. Mix quinoa and lentils with some of the tomato sauce. Stack in layers in baking dish, starting with sweet potato and finishing with a layer of eggplant. Bake at 160C for approximately 30-40 minutes, covering halfway through cooking time. If necessary, rest before cutting into squares.
- Serve on spinach leaves with extra tomato sauce and top with a dollop of cashew cheese or pesto.
- For the tomato sauce: Roast tomatoes, onions and garlic in oven until they get some colour. Add spices, herbs and water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes and blend in a food processor. Adjust seasoning to taste.