This is a breakfast I recommend to all of my clients – it’s very quick and just divine! A breakfast like this is a great way to pack veggies into the start of your day and will keep you full all morning. Get creative with different spices and fresh herbs to change it up. You will be surprised how tasty veggies for breakfast can be!
– Bella Walton, Naturopath
What you’ll need…
– Selection of any vegetables you like!
Mushrooms, onion, capsicum, tomato, zucchini, spinach, kale
– 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), coconut oil, or butter
– 2 eggs
– ¼- ½ an avocado or 1tbsp. tahini
– Turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
– Coriander, parsley, any fresh herbs (Optional)
– 1x piece of gluten free, rye or spelt toast (Optional)
What to do…
Cut veggies into bite size pieces.
Fry in oil of choice, leaving the spinach/kale out until the end.
Add spices, salt and pepper.
Whisk eggs in a separate cup then add over the veggies.
(Alternatively, you can simply crack the eggs into the middle of the veggie mix, add a lid on top and allow to steam).
Serve with avocado (or tahini), fresh herbs and optional toast.
TIP: Have the veggies pre-prepared in a container in the fridge to make this meal even quicker!