Reflexology is a healing art of ancient origin. Evidence has been found in Egyptian tombs of images of people receiving reflexology to the feet and hands. It has also been traced back to pre-dynastic China and ancient Indian medicine. This therapeutic method of massage is based on the principle that reflex areas in the feet, hands and head relate to the internal organs and other structures of the body. In reflexology, pressure is applied to these reflex areas to bring health and balance to the body through the stimulation of its own inherent healing capacity.
- Nervous System – calming whole body and interrupting pain pathways.
- Circulatory System -improved circulation thereby increasing nutrition to the cells and promoting the removal of waste products
- Lymphatic System – reduction in tissue swelling, improved immunity and a reduced risk of infection
- Energy Systems – balanced energy flow in the meridians – leading to a general sense of wellbeing
- The Relaxation Response – Reflexology is extremely relaxing. As 75-80% of disease is said to be caused by stress and tension, this is a very powerful and important effect.
The Effect of Touch
Caring, nurturing touch is something we all crave. The healing power of touch has been well documented over the ages. Touch applied via the feet and hands is particularly well received as it is non-invasive and requires the recipient to remove only their shoes and socks.
Traditionally, reflexology is applied to the feet with the patient lying semi- reclined. Warm towels are first applied to the feet followed by a 75min initial assessment to indicate which areas zones need to be treated. Follow up treatments are for 60 minutes where the indicated zones/systems are treated.
Angie is available for Reflexology
Wednesday 8am to 2.45pm
Friday 8am to 2.45pm
Saturday (one per mth) 11.30am to 5pm
Book through our website www.merakaitherapies.com.au/book-now/
Or call 0438 547 536
References, Reflex Zone Therapy by Ann Lett, Australian School of Reflexology 2018